As I'm about to turn 24 this weekend, I was a bit sad because I was alone this week. I was down in the dumps, missing my friends, family and Mark. Can anyone say pity party for one?
Just as I felt a mental breakdown coming on this morning and tears filled my eyes, God said "Enough of this! You need a reminder!" So off he set to send many blessings my way.
Blessing #1: My parents sent me a sweet bouquet of flowers for my birthday week, just enough to make me smile and remember how lucky I am to have an amazing family that is thinking of me each day.
Blessing #2: My best friend, Megan, who is now 7 hours away from me sent me a CD of songs and a little note explaining how each song was for a certain occasion- whether it be a dance party, prayer time, pity party, or motivation. Wow, what a wonderful person to have in my life. No matter the distance I know she is always praying for me and thinking of me.
Blessing #3: My friend Lauren seemed to know I needed a little time for fun, she asked me to go have dinner celebrating my birthday. My mom says Lauren is my little angel down in Arkansas- she absolutely refuses to let me be lonely down here and always reminds me how good it feels to smile!
Blessing #4: After days of being pouty, Mark MADE me tell him what was wrong and told me I had to "talk it out." His patience helped me to see that my small issues are not worth ruining a day over. His quote of the day "We're down by 3 in the first quarter and your just going to throw in the towel?" Classic Mark, but so true!
Blessing #5: Cecily didn't even know she did anything, but her just sending me a text today reminded me how lucky I am to have such a great "sister" who is ALWAYS caring about me.
WoW! So many blessings in one day and it's only 3:00! I hope that over this weekend when I'm showered with love and celebration that I can carry that onto next week, remembering that no matter where I am and how far I am away that I'm never alone! Thanks to each of you in my life, you're each a blessing!
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Aww casey, my eyes just filled with tears! I love you so much! I am glad that I can lift your day! And like Megan, I pray for you every day too that things are going well...and I am so happy that Mark made you talk it out! What a good hubby to be! I am always here for you! <3
ReplyDeleteThanks Cecily! :)
ReplyDelete