Monday, June 28, 2010

Rain and Mice!

This weekend was one of the rare weekends we didn't have to travel, so we got to stay in Fayetteville and relax a bit! We did a few wedding things, including cupcake tastings and starting the search for gray suits, had a little pool time, Mark got some golf in, and I even got a nap :)

The most memorable time of the weekend came on Sunday night. We decided to head out for a Taco Bell run around 7:30, just when it started to thunder and sprinkle. We made it to the car barely getting wet, but on the way back inside the apartment we didn't have such luck. Down came the rain in sheets :) We were running down the sidewalk, rain coming down so hard I could hardly see Mark a few feet in front of me! I was laughing uncontrollably because I was soaked to the bone and my tacos were getting wet! We get to the door, open it, and a little mousy ran inside to stay dry! Mark saw it go into the storage closet, so he jumped over and put a towel in front of the door so it couldn't get out. He then went to Walmart and bought some sticky traps, setting them up all along the door. So now it's a waiting game, I'm going to go ahead and let him handle that after work today!

There aren't many times that it rains and you are happy to get out in it, but last night was a night I will never forget as one of our most fun moments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment